Except that didn’t happen. My spirit guides must have been laughing at our conversation because as soon as I opened myself up to seeing my past lives, they began showing them to me. I didn’t need a human guide to assist me; I was perfectly capable of seeing the past lives on my own with the help of my spirit guides. I’ve seen dozens of past lives at this point in my journey, and yet I know there are many that I still haven’t seen. Some of the deaths that I have seen include:
- Being executed by an elephant crushing me in the far East for having given birth to a deformed child
- Drowning myself as a shaman because I felt I’d failed my village when a natural disaster occurred in the Maryland area
- Being thrown off a cliff as a child sacrifice in a central American culture
- Being poisoned with hemlock by my wife (I deserved it!) in Germany
- Dying in a hurricane in the Gulf Coast region
- Having a friend kill me after I fell from climbing on a pyramid as an adolescent boy and ended up partially paralyzed and in immense pain. His mercy killing was a gift to me.
- Being killed by my jealous mother in a Native American culture
- Dying from polio in the 16th century in France
- Being shot to death during an accidental spy interception during World War II in Germany
- Dying from lung disease due to a mining accident in South America
Seeing the previous deaths your soul has encountered is very difficult. None of those are easy events to contemplate, but when doing past life regressions, one can actually end up reliving the traumas of the deaths. In the case of trauma that happened in Ireland about five lifetimes ago, I actually had to relive the events leading up to and including my death. I was on my massage therapist’s table, and she was working on my diaphragm. It had been rigid for several days, and nothing seemed to be able to loosen it up. As a result, my breathing had been constricted. In a split second, my massage therapist was able to get into my diaphragm and release it. When the release happened, I was transformed into the moments before my death. I watched a crowd rioting around me, and an angry man with sandy red hair and a red beard came lunging at my abdomen with a pitchfork. The pain was unbearable, and the emotional agony was even worse. The situation in Ireland ended with me being burned at the stake as a witch. Back in the present day, my massage therapist could tell whatever was going on with me was horrific. This was by far one of the most awful deaths I experienced, and it was one which stopped me from using my metaphysical gifts for several lifetimes.
Despite the painfulness of learning about these deaths in past lives, I have also been able to find freedom from inexplicable fears in my life through learning about the past lives and releasing the traumas from them which I was holding onto. I was able to figure out that some of my claustrophobia and dislike for spelunking comes from the mining cave-in that eventually lead to my death. I discovered that my fear of heights especially along cliffs was due to having been a child sacrifice. My strong dislike of guns in this life came about from having been shot to death in my life during World War II. Simply bringing awareness to the roots of my fears helped loosen their hold on me.
What’s most obviously not on that list of deaths is the event in a past life that caused the scar that gives me so much pain in this life. There are some lives for which I haven’t seen the actual deaths because they aren't necessary to heal. Sometimes the trauma that sticks with our souls results from our experiences in our lives. Traumatic incidents from those lives have included:
- Seeing a murder in Versailles
- Losing my fiancé to typhoid fever and my lover to beheading for political reasons while never giving birth to much desired children during that life
- Enduring sexual abuse across many lifetimes
- Being mentally ill and involved with an abusive husband
- Being enslaved in Egypt after my abusive homosexual lover abandoned me
- Marrying an abusive man who damaged my legs to keep me from running away from him in Egypt
- Being a Roman soldier in at least one, possibly more lives
- Being abandoned by a friend to die in the woods though I survived
- Being a brutal raja who learned the pain of war and loss the hard way through the death of my son in India (the only life of royalty I’ve seen)
- Being a transgender person on a Pacific island in an era when transitioning wasn’t possible
- Being a brutal general who tortured innocent women and children in Mesopotamia
- Being a medicine man who took advantage of the women of his village simply because he could
All of these events didn’t kill me, but they were traumas, and one of them is part of what has created the ongoing scar pain on my body in this life. You’ll also note that there were many lives where I could easily be described as a horrid person. That’s true for all of us. As we learn how to become good people, we experience all sides of issues including being perpetrators, victims, and witnesses. Somehow our souls carry those experiences along with us between lives. The traumas continue to add up over the years, stored in our reincarnated bodies, unless we work to release them. For me, healing from Lyme has actually turned out to be a major journey of releasing these lifetimes of trauma in order to allow my immune system to function better. I honestly don’t understand how we can store the pain from previous traumas, lives and deaths in our bodies. However, I know that I have experienced it time and again in my journey to health.
© 2015 Elizabeth Galen, Ph.D., Green Heart Guidance, LLC